Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"N Need of Fuud"

So I see 8 peoople saw my first post on this blog.  Well, I may have been counted in there 7 times so perhaps it was just me and one other person.  Thanks to that person by the way for chiming in.

Either case, this blog isn't about stats, or friends, or trying to be the next reality series.  It's to free my mind up.  If it adds entertainment to a few other people along the way then so be it.

What some of you (well the only other person who has read this blog) wants to know perhaps is what ideas do I have today to make the world a better place.  Well since we are already on the subject of reality shows I think that is a good place to start.

Why do we have reality TV... aka FAKE CRAP.  It boggles my mind that people get so obsessed with what other people are doing in the world on a nightly basis.  Oh and did I mention... it's not even real.  Seriously they might as well call it Plastic Surgery TV because there is nothing REAL about it.

Now if you want a real REALITY tv show then this is what I would do.  I would take my camera out to Venice beach, Hollywood Blvd, Van Nuys and just film the lives of the homeless.  You know the ones that are at the street corner you drive by with a sign saying "N Need Of Fuud".  I would find out about there story, where they came from, where their family is and who is looking for them.  I would have a whole series dedicated to each individual as they show us the world they are living in and how they got there.  People will see first hand the day to day struggles of the streets and what they have to do to not only live but survive.  Then I would air the episode and not only give that person credit on IMDB but give them a significant amount of the proceeds that were obtained from airing the episode.  Then 6 months later I will film them again of how they are doing now and tell people that if they want to watch REAL TV then do it with a purpose.  Stop giving your hard earned time and money to people that already have money and find a way to give it to the less fortunate ones.

Watch, a year from now a series like that will air on HBO and I will be here at my desk thinking "that was MY idea".  But who cares.  As long as it gets done the right way that's all that matters.  So anyone out there reading... feel free to make it happen.  Just mention my name in the credits somewhere as a Special Thanks at least.

1 comment: