Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"A Life Lost"

Today I've been in a solemn mood.  Usually when this happens I like to explore it with my writing.  Below is a poem I wrote just a few moments ago dealing with the eventual loss of a loved one.

Eternal Slumber
The pain runs too deep inside as I try to hide my emotions from you.  If only you knew the scars of my soul then perhaps you wouldn’t be so bold; leaving me out in the cold.  My heart is frozen in time as I try to unwind this sickening feeling that has me twisted and reeling around.  Alas you are nowhere to be found.
Countless nights I’ve spent trying to muster up the courage to see you once more.  My hand is on the door ready to take on the day that has forever left me astray.  I can’t explain the reasons away but only hope that you’re not gone to stay.  
I keep hoping that you will continue to fight for our love that has suddenly lost its sight.  Holding on a little longer as we prove to each other that we are stronger than what others have perceived us to be.  It hurts every second you ignore my cries wishing you would get up and realize what you are doing to me.  For without you I can never be free.
No matter how long it takes for your love to return I will wait for you.  Slowly going insane as my life withers away.  If it takes a thousand years for you to reappear into my life then I’ll be here.  Waiting patiently by your bedside hoping  you will open your eyes one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment