Thursday, March 17, 2011

The First Steps

My comeback to acting has begun.  I took the first steps of taking my own headshots the other day, however with mixed results.  It's hard to feel completely comfortable behind a camera and have the right thoughts in your head when you are concentrating on the setup of the equipement and the technical aspects of the shoot.  I did manage to get one shot I liked but I need more.

None-the-less I made that leap.  The one that is propelling me back into the abyss of Hollywood and rendering me insane with the notion of doing this whole thing all over again.  At least this time I have credits and experience on my side.  Not to mention a new unique look.

I am not afraid of myself anymore.  Well, at least not like before when I was so consumed with my appearance and not acting like an ass.  I've soon come to embrace the quirkiness that is my mind.  I know I have a likable personality, especially when I am being honest with myself and not putting on a show.  I also know that I am different from others around me.  My mind works in a way that others apparently can't come to grips to.  For whatever reason I was blessed with the gift of learning from my experiences and the mind that can push me to carry on instead of falling back. 

I knew from a young age that I was meant for something special.  And acting was the only thing that made perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment