Thursday, November 15, 2012

"TRAJEDY" - A 9/11 Story


TRAJEDY
As I am standing on this vast sea of invisibility,
I am reminded of a time that has since passed me by;
A world of chaos as seen through my eyes,
With impending darkness that bleeds me inside.

Screams are still heard as I look all around,
But surprisingly so there’s no one to be found;
Buried neck up I can’t muster a sound,
Constantly wondering if I’m stuck underground.

The more I struggle the less I survive,
The horror ridden images locked in my mind;
The heat is consuming as I try hard to find,
The will to stay strong while trapped in this bind. 

Somehow I manage to break myself free,
Rising through the ashes I escape the debris;
My heart flutters as the black won’t let me be,
And it doesn’t let up until fresh air I breathe.

Even now, eleven years late,
I still fight the memories that have tempted my fate;
As I try to move on from that senseless date,
The memories still haunt me – forever awake.

11/15/12

No comments:

Post a Comment