Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Smart Phone Plan Costs WHAT?????

So it's been almost 2 years now that I have downgraded my smart phone to a simpler one and surprisingly I haven't really missed it.  My bill for the family has barely been around $95 per month and neither one of my kids are addicted to texting since I took it off their phone.

However, for Christmas I thought perhaps upgrading our phones back to the data plan (Even for 1 year) would be a nice gift for everyone.  So I logged into my Sprint page, checked the rates and almost hit the floor when I saw the price now.  $235 a month BEFORE TAXES just to have phones capable of having internet on them.  WHAT?????  That's more than double.... just for data!  Keep in mind this doesn't even include the new phones.

To break it down the base plan would be $170 for two phones.  To add two more phones (regardless if they are a smart phone or not) would be $30 more each.  How in the world in this day and age does this cost THAT much money.  And how in the world are people living off of food stamps and welfare walking around with this kind of phone?  Perhaps that is why they are on welfare to begin with.

After doing the math I realized this would cost me an addition $1620 for the year to do.  For $1620 I could fly round trip to Europe....TWICE!!!!  For $1620 I could buy a used third vehicle outright just for the fun of it.  For $1620 I could... well you get the point!  Bottom line in why on earth would I spend that kind of money just to be connected 24/7?  No thank you.  This is one person that will stick to his morals and keep his small, dingy, no data cell phone that's only good to make calls and be very happy that he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment