Monday, November 26, 2012

Bang My Head Tooth Pain

Woke up this morning with my tooth hurting.  It started out with just a bit of pain but within an hour it was bang-my-head-against-the-wall unbearable.  I took an 800mg ibuprofen and waited.... and waited.... and waited.  Since the pain wouldn't let up I had to make an emergency dental appointment which I am happy they were able to get me in quickly.

I wish I could say that they patched it up and that was that, but sadly I know that tooth will have to come out soon.  Worse yet, it's my mid molar meaning I would need to have it replaced with an implant.  I've known this for about 3 months now (since the last time my tooth pain flared up) but with it happening again today it looks like I will have to take care of this sooner than later.

Total cost out of pocket will be around $3800 and I will have to wait about 3 to 6 months after my tooth is taken out and a partial bone put up into the gum before the implant can be put in.  Meaning that's 3 to 6 months of going without a vital tooth that I would need for eating.  Thankfully it is a mid molar and not seen clearly when I smile.

Hopefully I can put this off for a few more months but I know for sure that I will have to have it done.  It's just a matter of when now.

No comments:

Post a Comment