Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Day Poem (circa 2000)

With this being the month of Valentine's Day I thought I would share a poem I wrote 11 years ago.  It was a special day when I wrote this because we were on the verge of knowing whether our second child was going to be a girl or a boy.  Man, how time flies!


FIRST LOOK

From that first look in your eyes
My heart melted inside
'Cause I knew you were the only one;

With one look at your face
Such beauty and grace
My search for love was done.

When I first felt your hair
How will I ever dare
Ask for your hand in mine;

But as time grew on
And our love got strong
I knew it was finally time.

As we walked the isle
It seemed like a mile
Before we vowed to be king and queen;

Still to this day
I pinch myself and say
"Thank God it wasn't only a dream."

With one look at your smile
My emotions went wild
When the next step finally came;

We brought into this world
A beautiful baby girl
And we gave her the perfect name.

Now at the dawn of the day
We'll find out either way
What our next angel will be;

Whether a girl or boy
My heart is filled with joy
Knowing only time will see.

Through all the trials of life
You'll always be my wife
No matter what else is to come our way;

As time sees us through
I'll always love you
And make everyday Valentine's Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment