Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Movie Script is Born

Today I have been inspired to write another script.  For years I have been sitting on a script based upon a portion of my life and have literally done nothing with it.  Sure I have a manager that occasionally calls me to say there is interest but that's about it.  I just do not have the energy to shop it around at this point in my life.

Since then though I have had numerous ideas for another one but put it on the back burner until I felt ready to write it.  Main reason being, the script I am starting to write now is based on a true American story.  Of course I am not going to reveal what the story is about here on this blog.... because that would be suicide... but I will tell you if I can do it right and capture the essence of the film then I think James Cameron would be quite interested in ripping the idea from me.  Then perhaps I could sue him and get a few hundred thousand dollars.

Seriously though, I am just getting tired of sitting on this idea.  The hardest part is the research and just creating a good beginning so last night I sat down and brainstormed.  Suddenly an idea was born and I began writing.  This will take me some time to finish I am sure (especially to get all the details right), but just starting the script has made me feel like I am on the right path.  A dream of mine would be to sell this script, make some good money, and have my other scripts pushed through because of it.  All it really takes is one to get you in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment