Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Next Great Script Idea

It's been about eight years since I wrote my last feature length movie script.  I shopped it around a few times but mainly it has just been collecting dust on my shelf.  Shortly after writing I had this awesome idea for another one but was too burnt out to write it.  Lately, I have had that itch to at least get it started.  I waited so long because it's a historical piece that deals with a ton (and I mean A TON) of research to get it right.  I've always felt a bit intimidated I guess to take it on but the idea is just one of those once in a lifetime no brainers that I have to write it.

It is set back in the year ???? and deals with humanity as we strive to overcome the ????? ????????? and build ??????? back to how it ??? ?? ??.  I don't know how I can be any more clearer than that.

The story line is simple but it involves real events which makes this the more difficult to write.  But if I can just get the concept down and take my time on it then I feel this is definitely a movie that can be made.  I already have a director in mind who would be perfect for it.  It may take me quite some time to get this done but speed is not my objective.  If it takes two years then so be it.  I'm tired of this idea rattling around in my head.  I'm just surprised that I have not heard this mentioned at all in the Hollywood circles and because of that I am keeping all of the details to myself.  I already know this is a million dollar script and I don't need to tell anyone for reassurance.  And even if the first or second draft sucks, I know the plot line would be good enough to gather some interest for a rewrite.

I don't know if I will ever consider myself a script writer, even if this does get picked up.  But I have always had a knack for writing and storytelling so who knows.  The best feeling is just having a goal in mind to accomplish and not let fear dictate my accomplishments.  I've searched my life for that OH SHIT idea and now that it's in front of me I will not let it slip through my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment