Saturday, October 27, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl

Ever since my daughter was born I was on top of the world.  My focus went from me to we in an instant as I touched her little fingers and held her in my arms for the first time.  I was so out of mind that I almost left the hospital with her before I was stopped at the side door by one of the nurses. 

Over the years I have done my absolute best to raise her how I felt she deserved to be.  Luckily I have been able to be a stay at home dad with my own business so I could see every stage of her growing up.  From potty training to going to school for the first time- I am happy to say I was there for it all.  There has always been one thing that has bothered me, however- the day she would no longer be daddy's little girl.

I've heard the stories... "Everything is good now but just wait until she becomes a teenager."  Well I did wait, and next month she will be 14 and yet she is still there with me at every step.  And she still copies me at almost everything I do.  Not only is she following in my footsteps with her artwork (her drawings are amazing by the way) but her mind is so much like mine that it's scary.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for a heartache in the future but I feel she just may be my little girl forever.  But you know what... that's an easy risk that I have no problem taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment