Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My novel "October"

Things are picking up for me on my book.  I finished my first novel last year in November called "October"  It took me parts of four years to write.  I say parts because I only wrote the book in the month of October.  Hence, the title.  It goes beyond that, however, as the story itself takes place in that month.

Since finishing it, I have felt accomplished, happy, confident and eager to start a sequel which I did in February.  Called "October Sun" it takes place four years later where the first one left off and so far I am about a third of the way through.  Nine chapters so far and 22k words (102 pages).  Originally I felt these would be two separate book with the second being a stand alone.  But now I am considering combining them into one larger novel calling the first "Session 1" and the second part "Session 2"

A ton of options I have and I am quite happy with my progress since starting in 2013.  Regardless, the tough road is still ahead as am editor and publisher would be my next steps.

At this point, I am unsure how far I can take this.  All I know is I have a bit of an understanding of what I can do and hope that I can do something with it.  Should be an interesting road ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment