Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sacraficing For the Kids

Had a conversation with my wife about future trips yesterday and she got me thinking.  How much more do I really need to explore right now?  Sure, I would like to visit Russia and Australia but I have been going non-stop for the past 7 years and feel it's best to leave some of this stuff for later down the road.  The problem I found is... I liked planning the trips (almost as much as actually going on them). 

Then I remembered my kids and thought what a perfect opportunity for them.  I've been toying with the idea of taking them to Europe one day and I think it's finally time to really start putting that to work.  My plan is to take them to the first 3 locations I went to way back in 2007- London, Paris and Rome.  Since I've already been to these places twice already, it's one of the reasons why I've been putting this off with them.  But after more thought I realize it's time.  A smile appears when I even think about their faces when they first see the Roman Forum as I did. 

The main thing though is the NY trip next year with them.  This will be the first trip for them that will last more than a week (aside from visiting family).  If all goes well and I feel they are mature enough for the trip then I will put the Europe trip with kids plan in effect for 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment